Stormwater pollution has become a major concern both locally and on a national level. DrainGuards remove waste from stormwater before it can become a problem in the water system.
- Exceeds 80% sediment removal efficiency.
- Helps comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999) when used as Best Management Practice in Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
Designed for practical use in:
- Industrial facilities - keep oil and other contaminants from entering storm drains.
- Construction sites - capture eroded soil and wind-blown debris.
- Parking lots, drive-up retail facilities - selected geotextiles collect oil, fuel and other contaminants that drip from cars.
DrainGuard units remove up to 0.87 gallon of hydrocarbons as well as dirt, sand and other contaminants.
DrainGuard Plus units contain extra filter strips that increase oil and grease absorption by 0.51 gallon, offering a total capacity of 1.38 gallons of hydrocarbon removal.
Learn more about the basics of storm water management.